My Blog and Shop

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

An Infectious Article - Smile...

This might be a little controversial, but I predict that some people won't like this post.

Why?

Because they don't know how to smile and have fun!  They're the people that think that everything wrong in their life is because of someone else!

They're the people who won't think about change.

Well - this isn't for you!  So, move along please, and let the positive people enjoy....

I am a happy person.  I don't think there's anyone who knows me who would disagree.

I always look at the positive.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I get annoyed and fed up as much as the next person, but I really can't see the point in being constantly 'down'.   Not only does this result in an ever spiralling situation, but it's just not me.

Even at work which, let's face it, is where we spend most of the week, I am ready with a smile and positive outlook.  Instead of looking for the negative, look for the positive - 99% of the time, you will find the situation can be turned around.

I also think that smiling can be contagious.  If you smile at someone, they will, more than likely, smile back (unless they think you're a little loopy.... OK - maybe I am!!)
I'm sure it releases some happy hormone!!!
Even that little emoticon used in text messages - just like the one above.  Doesn't it make you smile, when you see it?

Finally - there's that old saying that "Life's too short".  Instead of wallowing - just get out there and enjoy it.

Instead of thinking that things are bad, think "how can I change it?"

Here's a simple exercise.
  • Stand up.  
  • Come on, take part.... 
  • Stand up.
  • Look at the ceiling (or the sky if you're standing outside! - in this weather??)
  • Now SMILE
I promise, it will cheer you up.  Now, keep smiling as you lower your head.  I'll bet you're feeling a lot better now! (and maybe feel a little silly, but that's OK too!)

So - what makes you smile?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails