My Blog and Shop

Saturday, January 02, 2010

A New Years Resolve....

Happy New Year and welcome to 2010.

As I write this, my first post of the year, we are in the midst of the second fall of snow, which hasn't stopped since about 7.30 this morning.  The main road is white, and while not quite at the levels a couple of weeks ago, if it keeps up as it is, it won't be long.

So, as the song goes, another year is over, a new one just begun.

What does this year have in store?  Most people write about their resolutions, and promises for what they want to achieve.  I always find them a little pointless.  If you want to change, why wait until the beginning of the year?  Change happens when a conscious decision is made and a plan is put into action.

It's silly.  My resolution? To enjoy each day, work hard and, if at all possible, work smarter; so that I can continue to enjoy the fruits of my labour.
That's it.
No 'losing weight' or 'must go to the gym' or 'be nice to everyone' for me!!

Things to look forward to this year:
  • Family and friends celebrations
  • Birthdays
  • A lovely holiday
  • The 2010 Formula 1 Grand Prix season

I admit that last one is a little shallow; but I enjoy it, and I don't follow football to any great degree, so it's my one vice.


There are just a couple of days left before it's back to normality and routine.

I just hope the snow has cleared in time.

What do you have planned for this year?  Whatever they are, I wish you well, with much health and happiness.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy New Year!

I used to do resolutions but I find it pointless as I never stick to them. Like you said in your post that changes don't have to just start in January.

Plans so far for 2010 for me include;

- Starting new job opportunities (which means I need to organise my time better)
- Looking for and moving to a new flat
- Hopefully going to be getting a dog

For now that is all, and really it's all my little brain can manage!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails