My Blog and Shop

Friday, June 11, 2010

Football Fever

Every four years, the world is gripped in one of the biggest sporting events the world has seen.

I'm not talking about the Olympics (although they are pretty big!) but the FIFA World Cup Championship.

I would show a logo, but they are so protective of their intellectual property, I might get sued.
On the other hand, this is just a simple blog, with no financial gain - so here it is.....


From today until 11th July, 32 teams from around the world will play their socks off, as they aim for the pinnacle of soccer success and take home the Jules Rimet trophy.

England, as the only home nation to participate, is in Group C; along with Algeria, Slovenia and tomorrow night, their campaign starts against the USA.

I'm not a huge football fan, but I do enjoy the big occasions.  I have also drawn England in the sweep-stake at work!!

So, everyone.  Cross your fingers that the team do their best; that they behave themselves and put some balls in the back of their opponents net.

Could football come home?  Personally, I'm not convinced, but I hope so....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails