My Blog and Shop

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I bought some of these at the weekend, and it reminded me of a blog I posted back in March.

I thought I'd post it again!


This week, as well as the Marmite XO, I also purchased a box of Jelly Bellys'.  It's only a small box, of 10 flavours:
  • Blueberry
  • Buttered Popcorn
  • Cinnamon
  • Coconut
  • Liquorice
  • Tangerine
  • Green Apple
  • Juicy Pear
  • Watermelon
  • Very Cherry

These are just sumptious sweets; and the flavours are so real.

I thought I'd look at their website, and find out some more about "The Original Gourmet Jelly Bean".

First introduced in 1976, they were the first jelly beans to be sold in single flavours, and to come with a menu that showed how, by combining different flavours you could create even more of your own.

There are currently 50 Official flavours of Jelly Belly.  New flavours (known as "Rookies") are introduced each year, and subject to their popularity, enter the 50 official line up or are dropped to make way for yet more new flavours.


The beginnings are traced back to a German family who emigrated to America in 1867.  Two years later, they bought an ice cream and candy store in Illionois.  The plied their trade from a horse drawn wagon.

The jelly bean itself was born in Los Angeles, back in 1976, when an local sweet shop owner called on "the best confectioners in California" to perfect a recipe.  The rest, as they say, is history.

The Jelly Belly Candy Co was introduced in the late 1990's to reflect the brand for which it had become famous.

I won't continue with more, but suffice it to say, it's a lovely story, and today, Jelly Belly is the world's Number One gourmet jelly bean.  The bean of choice for all those with the most discerning taste.


(Reproduced without permission from The official Jelly Belly UK website - sure they don't mind)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails