My Blog and Shop

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Review - Assassin's Creed: The Movie

So, this afternoon I went to see Assassin's Creed. I must confess that I've never played the game, and knew little about the story; but this wasn't a bar to enjoying the film.
It's a well thought through plot, which can be a little confusing at times; however, this is more than made up for by the action - the death toll is incredibly high, and whilst it's rated 12A, I wouldn't recommend this to young ones - it's far too intense.
Michael Fassbender gives a great performance as the reluctant Assassin, along with Marion Coutillard as the scientist who persuades him to go back to the 15th century. Jeremy Irons is the 'baddie' after the prize for his own ends.
At times a little drawn out; some parts dragged on a little too long, and the overall running time could have been reduced by 10 minutes.
However, the action and the stunt work are fantastic to watch; and the sequence with parkour (free running) are brilliantly portrayed. You know they'll escape, but you constantly wonder how?
My main criticism is about the sound. The music (if you can call it music) was extremely loud - or maybe I'm just getting too old!!
It's no Oscar winner; and as I mentioned, some of the plot is a bit disorientating.
If you are a fan of the game, then I doubt you'll be disappointed; by all accounts it closely resembles the main storyline of the franchise. If you haven't played the game, but want to see some good old fashioned action set pieces, then give it a shot.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails