My Blog and Shop

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Media Blackout

Could you survive 24 hours without access to ANY media; no phone, no internet, no television, no newspapers and no radio.

Students at Bournemouth University took part in a worldwide experiment, called 'Unplugged' to see the effect, and how difficult it is to live today, without the use of daily media.

Earlier this week, the BBCs technology reporter Rory Cellan-Jones caught up with three of the students to find out how they were getting on!



You can find out more about the project here.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My work is based around information being sent to me either my phone or email.

I recently had a trip away for a couple of days and was limited to being able to tweet or surf online whilst in a wifi place.

I found the break really nice, although I did feel a bit cut off from the world. It was quite nice though to be free!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails