My Blog and Shop

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Re:Kindle Your Reading Habit

You must have gathered by now that I love to read.  Mostly books.  In fact, here's a post I wrote some time ago; just to set the scene.

However, since last June, when I acquired my iPad, I haven't picked a book up.  I have been converted to the Amazon Kindle.  To be more precise, the Kindle app.

That isn't to say I won't read a physical book; there's still something about the printed page that I love; it's just that the Kindle is so convenient.

I thought I'd list the books I currently carry around with me, and why.  So as not to favour one over the other, I've listed them in alphabetical order, by author.
  • The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams; just love this book
  • First Thrills - Lee Child; this is a book of short stories, collated by Child, from upcoming thriller writers
  • Agile Estimating and Planning - Mike Cohn; not light reading, but great if you work in an Agile development world
  • Succeeding With Agile - Mike Cohn
  • User Stories Applied - Mike Cohn
  • Kill & Cure - Stephen Davidson; not read it yet, but looks good
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle
  • The Confession - John Grisham; recently finished reading; and not bad at all
  • The Basement - Stephen Leather
  • Hard Landing - Stephen Leather
  • Once Bitten - Stephen Leather - all his books were less than 80p; too good too miss at that price!
  • The Leopard - Jo Nesbo; I've read all his others, and just started this latest one
  • Business Analysis Techniques - Debra Paul; another business book
So, there you go; a peak into my reading habits.  Some are light-hearted, others, dark and twisted; mixed in with the reference books.

Do you have a Kindle (or other electronic book)?  What's on yours?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails