My Blog and Shop

Monday, July 20, 2009

Fishy Tales

It's a sad(ish) day today, as I've discovered that all the fish have ICH; or to give it its proper name - Ichthyophthirius multifilis. It's more commonly known as the 'white spot disease', where little parasites attach themselves to the fish.
It's heartbreaking to watch, and there are a number of websites that give good advice about what to do - one of them is here, from the Goldfish and Aquarium Board.
The prognosis is not great, and I will be amazed if all five of them survive. It's just annoying to think this was introduced when we bought the additional goldfish a couple of weeks ago.
I'll let you know what happens.
------
In the meantime, there's not a great deal to report. Swine Flu fever has taken hold, and there is much ambiguity about what to do, and plenty of confusion about what Swine Flu actually is.
I don't know, and, quite frankly, I hope I don't have to experience it!!
------
All the boys have recovered from their bugisode last week. Strange doings there, however, Mrs C has serverly hurt her back and has been almost totally invalided for the past few days; much to her chagrin, and mine!!

Nevertheless, she appears to be on the mend, and will be up to full speed in no time. Importantly, she has The Cruise to get better for, so fingers crossed.
------
Right - this will never do, I can't sit and chatter, there's work to be done. Thanks for stopping by, please do so again, soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails