My Blog and Shop

Sunday, July 12, 2009

We Have Moved

Many of us have experienced the excitement and the stress of moving home, so I tried to make moving to a new aquarium as easy as possible for the 'the three amigos'.

Having bought a new tank yesterday, I spent some time preparing and cleaning the gravel, putting the underfloor filter in place, adding the statutory statue! and adding the required chemicals to remove chlorine and other goldfish unfriendly 'stuff'.

With the filter running all afternoon and all evening, before I went to bed, and without the distraction of the children, I tested the waters in both the new tank and their existing one. Having confirmed that the water composition was the same, I used a pyrex bowl to 'catch' each one and transfer to their new home.

It's lighter (there are built in lights), it's more airy, and we don't have to suffer the 'drip drip drip' of the water from the filter. In fact, there's no sound, and when the lights are on, it's like looking at the sun filtering through the sea. It's very calming.

I gave them some food, to help settle them, and with fingers crossed, retired for the night.

This morning, I was pleased to see them swimming around happily, and it seems we might be acquiring another one later today!!! It's a great tank, and once we've added some greenery, it will really look like 'home'. I'll post some photos in the next few days.

Right now, though, I'm preparing to watch the next round of the Formula 1 World Championship - Germany. Mark Webber is on pole, for the first time, and Lewis Hamilton has qualified in 5th; which is the best this season, for him.

F1 on the BBC, BBC Red Button, Radio 5 Live, and on the web. It'll be great.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails