My Blog and Shop

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

TweetCaster Disaster

Mmm... I've written a few blogs in the past about applications for the BlackBerry, and usually they have been quite positive.

This time, I'm going for the jugular.

I was made aware of a new twitter application for BlackBerry, called TweetCaster.

Now it may be me, but I don't think so.
Maybe it's my BlackBerry - but it meets the minimum requirements, so again, I don't think so.

I've even read other reviews.
BlackBerryCool featured it; but more as an advert that it was available, rather than a review of the product.
Thankfully, Mashable agrees with me.  Their review, whilst not as scathing as this one, does not recommend it to all and sundry.
Even the reviews on the BlackBerry App World aren't too positive.
Sure, it's a cute looking picture, but the monster lies under the covers.

First of all, you can only get this if you send a tweet.  A little bizarre don't you think?  Since you might not have the ability to tweet!!

Initially, I had trouble accessing the download; I had to change the browser on my handset.
Once downloaded and installed, that was as far as I got.
Yes, you can add multiple accounts, which is a plus, but whatever I tried to do, nothing happened.
I tried to send a tweet (it even told me it had been sent) but nothing was posted.
There was no syncing with my account.
There were constant server errors and failed requests.
The 'Nearby' function; where you search for twitterfolk nearby, only works using GPS - a little useless if you're inside!!

Overall, a total disappointment.

Sorry TweetCaster (and Handmark) - I'll be sticking with UberTwitter until convinced otherwise.

By the way, if you want to follow me on Twitter, just follow @doonytime

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails