My Blog and Shop

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hey Fever.....

Notice the play on words in the title?

Hayfever.... something that over the last few years I have suffered quite badly.  Nose streaming, eyes streaming, scratchy throat... all the symptoms that tell me summer is here.

This year, however, has been quite different.  Just as quickly as it started, this year I have not suffered.  The strange thing is, I don't know why?

Having said that, we're having another strangely sun-less summer. Yes, there have been sunny, cloud free, moments; but what happened to the sunny days I remember when I was growing up?

There was a time when you could guarantee that June, July and August would, in the main, be sunny.

NB - I did grow up on the south coast, so maybe my memories are slightly biased towards a southern summer!

Even Wimbledon is wetter than in the past (thank goodness for the roof).

So, my hayfever hasn't returned this year; but the summer is absent too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails