My Blog and Shop

Monday, May 03, 2010

Airport

I work near Manchester Airport.

So near, in fact, that as the planes come in to land, I can almost hear the passengers putting their seats and tables into the upright position!!

Oh, that's a little dramatic, but I swear I can see them wave!!

The thought that struck me, as I had a lunchtime stroll, was; with a plane landing every 2 minutes, how on earth is there time for a plane to take-off?

The pressure on the bods in the control tower, to job to manage the inbound and outbound traffic, must be immeasurable at times.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a plane-spotter; although I do marvel at the technology and romance of air travel.

However, with over 22 million people passing through the countries busiest regional airport, it seemed like there was no way the outgoing traffic could leave.

I know this is a rhetorical post - of course the flights leave, but I just had this passing thought.

Do you know?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails