There are other browsers available (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera; to name but a few) but to my mind, you can't beat Google Chrome.
- It loads quickly
- Each page is independent of the browser as a whole - if one page crashes, it doesn't bring the whole browser down
- The user interface is clean and simple
- It is designed to be safe and secure, with automatic updates. Chrome will display a message before you visit a site that is suspected of containing malware and phishing
- Extensions are available to make the experience more tailored to your personal use. Extensions are small programmes which add useful features.
- The address bar acts in the same way as the Google Search box
- Google Chrome is totally customisable.
As I write this, I have 8 tabs open, all with different websites including; Facebook, YouTube, BBC News, GMail.
It's a terrific browser, and if you are looking for a change from Microsoft, and want something that doesn't eat into your system memory, then give Google Chrome a go.
Check out the video below for more information.