For that InstaPhoto should be applauded.
I intially bought the app on my PlayBook; it's a great way to add pre-defined filters to photographs, and then post them directly to Facebook or Twitter; or just save them locally.
I then thought this would be really ideal on the Torch, and went looking. However, it wasn't until I saw an article that said it would be free if already owned, that I dived in and downloaded.
- Easy to get started, simply choose a pre-existing photo or take one with the camera.
- Camera integration runs directly within app, allowing you to take a photo and start instantly!
- Images save to a custom gallery folder, and are featured when you load the app.
- Large preview images allow you to see an effect clearly before making a selection.
- Simple controls with stunning pre-set effects, it’s easy for anyone to use with just a tap of the finger!
- Unique effects creating interesting themes for your photos; periscope, mugshots, torn, postcards and many more!
The only negative, from my perspective, is that all photos are cropped to a square. It's a shame the original photo can't be used, or the cropping work a little more freely. Maybe this is something they can include in a future release.
All in all, this is one app that really helps add some creativity to your photos; and the cropping comment aside, is well worth the download; especially as you can have two copies (PlayBook and handset) for the price of one.