My Blog and Shop

Monday, August 13, 2007

Running Man

We had a lovely weekend. The weather was lovely, and we spent a lot of time outside.
Firstly, at 6.30; I decided to go for a run. Mad. You'd better believe it. I chose the wrong route, and nearly killed myself!

On Saturday we spent the day at Chester Zoo. Not wishing to sound like an advert, it's a fantastic day out, and the kids had a lovely time. We went in to the Bat House, saw the monkeys, elephants, took a boat ride, went on the monorail. Phew! I'm worn out just thinking how much we packed in.

In the evening, we went to see Hairspray. What a good film. It's the sort that you can just let wash over you. No need to think too much about what's happening. The music was great - I'm thinking about downloading some of it.




------
On Sunday, I went for another run. This time I was more sensible with the route, and managed to stay relatively flat. I ran 1 whole mile.
Then, I took the boys swimming, so even more exercise. Am I becoming an exercise junkie? I hope not (although I've already planned my route for when we go to Bournemouth later in the month!)

After that, we went to see The Simpsons Movie. What a laugh. Entertainment on all levels. My nephew certainly enjoyed the slapstick elements, and overall it was good fun.

To some friends in the afternoon, then an early night.
------
Tonight I went to the gym. Ran 3.5k and it's not getting easier. Should it be? Maybe I need to keep going. Bag is packed ready for tomorrow. Perhaps I should do more running along the road - would that be better for me?
Needless to say, my feet are sore, and I need to wear better socks!!
------

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails