My Blog and Shop

Monday, December 06, 2010

Review - Black Eyed Peas - The Beginning

Now, this might surprise you, but one of my favourite groups is the Black Eyed Peas. I know you're going to want to know why, and, honestly, I'm not sure.

I've never really been 'into' techno / electronic music; I'm much more of a jazz / middle of the road man; but there's something about the inane way that Will.I.Am puts this stuff together that makes it very listenable - and fun to 'bop' too (even when I should be working!)

So, hot on the heels of last years "The E.N.D", I was pleased to see their new album, "The Beginning", when it was released recently; and the new single "The Time (Dirty Bit)" has the qualities I enjoy.  Beautifully sampling the start of the classic from the film Dirty Dancing, it hooks you in and away they go.

There are some other stand-out tracks: such as "Love You Long Time"; and Fergie is great on "Whenever".
"Play It Loud" certainly benefits from turning the volume up.

Unfortunately there isn't much of Fergie performing solo, which is a shame; but that doesn't detract from the overall enjoyment of this album.

"The Beginning" is a 'happy' album, and I guarantee you'll be smiling, tapping your feet and generally enjoying this latest offering.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails