My Blog and Shop

Friday, December 17, 2010

Review - WiseStamp Email Signatures

Here's something I discovered by accident, earlier in the week; and it's pretty nice, so thought I'd give it a bash, and tell you about it.

WiseStamp sell it as 'Bringing your email to life'.  Actually; selling is the wrong word, because the basic account is free.  We like free stuff here!!

So, what does it do?


WiseStamp Demo from wisestamp on Vimeo.


If you have a GMail, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo email account AND you use Firefox, Safari or Chrome as your browser (support for Internet Explorer is coming) then you can add a personalised signature to your emails, that include links to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many more profiles.  You can also link to your blog, other news feeds, music, ebay; in fact there's quite a lot; and more is on the way.

Here's an example of my signature. The images to Facebook and LinkedIn are 'clickable' and take you straight to the profile, you can see I've also added my BlackBerry PIN.

Julian
See my profiles: Facebook LinkedIn
Contact me: BlackBerry/ 2332EF6A
Latest post from My Blog and I: Panto Season? Oh Yes It Is...
There are a ton of other profiles you can add, including YouTube, Tumblr, Etsy, Digg, MySpace, Orkut, Plaxo, Flickr, Blogger, WordPress....the list is endless.  

The free account gives you access to two signatures, or you can pay, from $3 per month, for more signatures, and a few more options; to be honest, I can't see the point, unless you want to run this through an enterprise.


Also, remember this is an extension to the browser, so if you use more than one PC / laptop, you'll need to add it to each of them - it's quick to do, and is worth it.


I think it's pretty good.

My suggestion?

Get along to their website and find out all about it yourself.  It's an excellent way to "spread the word", whether your own blog, or a blog you write for, or to promote your business website; or just because you want to be 'more social'!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails