My Blog and Shop

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Post Holiday Blues

It's been a while since my last blog; unless you count the one I did whilst on holiday (you can see it here).

The post holiday blues have started to sink in, especially now that I'm back at work. I can understand why we get this depressed feeling.

For a year (or more) we save up our hard-earned cash, in some cases not putting enough away due to other 'emergencies' and after a year of this saving, we spend just two weeks enjoying the fruits of our labours.

Don't get me wrong - the fruits are very sweet. Sun, swimming, entertainment, relaxing; everything you hope the holiday will be. It's a short, sharp

Once the two weeks are over, and we return home, we are immediately thrust into the reality of everyday life; cleaning, cooking, washing...

No more laying by the pool, soaking up the sun, reading a book in peace and quiet. No more relaxing meals, overlooking a blue sea. No regular evening entertainment (unless you really like EastEnders!!)

No more sunshine.

No - that's it. The holiday is well and truly over.

So, dear friend, it's time to put on my thinking cap, and consider the options for next year.

In the meantime, I'll start saving once again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails