My Blog and Shop

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Review - Harry Potter and the Film in 3D

Last weekend saw the final chapter of the Harry Potter story released in the cinemas.

Actually, due to the length of the book; it was released in 2 parts; the first last November, and now Part 2.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows closes the book on seven years of following "The Boy Who Lived" through his trials and tribulations at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry.

I'm not going to re-tell the story; that's covered in copious other places.

I do want to tell you what I thought of the film.

I'm not a proponent of 3D. In fact, I've written about that before. I believe it's a gimmick; another way for film studios and cinema chains to take our hard-earned cash.  Let's face it, since the majority of us don't have 3D television; only a 2D version of the film will be available to buy on DVD / Blu-Ray.

So - what's the point.

OK - a little unfair maybe; and to be honest, the film was amazing. Fantastic.  It totally captured the essence of the book.  The special effects were incredible and seemed so natural; not surprising I suppose, given the nature of the film.

So, to the 3D - I must admit that it wasn't intrusive.  It also felt natural to watch; as there were no gimmicky "look at this in 3D" moments.

If you haven't yet seen it; then what are you waiting for? 2D or 3D; this is a wonderful end to a beautiful series.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails