My Blog and Shop

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Speechless...

I'm running out of adjectives for Lewis Hamilton. I've also run out of breath. Yep. You guessed it. He's done it again. After getting himself on Pole Position, he has won the USA Grand Prix, at Indianapolis. Now with 58 World Championship points in the bag, notwithstanding this is only his seventh Grand Prix, what else can be said.

He is a genius behind the wheel of a Formula 1 racing car. The way in which he held off a challenge from his team-mate, Fernando Alonso, was pure brilliance. Not flinching. Not waivering. He just did what he had to do.

I am so looking forward to the British Grand Prix - it's going to be packed (and we'll need to make an early start if we're to get a good vantage point.)

I've bought the Drivers Cap, to go with the official team shirt. I've also invested in a couple of Walkman radios, so that we can hear what's happening around the track.
The Wife thinks I'm crazy. She can't understand why we're going all that way, to listen to it.

I've also bought a pair of sunglasses. Normal ones. Not sighted. This is the week. Laser surgery here I come. I can't say that nerves are not beginning to creep in. But I am very excited about it, and having done the research, spoken to people that have had it done, and to opticians (with favourable and unfavourable comments), then all I can say is "bring it on".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

McLaren look like they have the car to beat - this title's going to be all about Alonso and Hamilton.

(Hamilton's on 58 points btw)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails