My Blog and Shop

Monday, April 12, 2010

Britains Has The "X" Factor

I think I've mentioned it before, but politics doesn't set my world alight! Indeed, at school I never really understood what it was about.

Today, I take a bit more of an interest, but the personalities, more commonly known as politicians, seem more interested in slating each other, than trying to 'sell' us something that will help us live better lives!

However, it is at General Election time that I tend to get more immersed in the shenanigans of party politics.
Before I continue, I should point out that I have already made my decision about who to vote for.  I would also like to point out that the order in which these images appear on this page are not reflective of my political views.


This post isn't meant to sway you one way or the other, or even the other - remember, there are 3 credible(?) parties; and when you read the ballot paper on 6th May, you will be forgiven for asking who all the others are. (Green, UKIP, etc...)
I no-longer think that the vote depends on which half of the country you live in. There used to be a north/south divide, with Labour holding fort up top, and the Tories lauding it over the softee southerners!! (I can say that, coming from a, once, very Conservative Bournemouth).

Indeed, the cynic in me thinks that whoever puts the most effort into contact with the local community will win my vote!

Alright; it's not as simple as that, otherwise the Liberal Democrats would win every time. Leaflets about what they're up to drop through the letterbox every few days.
The Conservatives, on the other hand, are rarely heard from.
Labour newsletters appear occasionally too.

You'll be pleased to know that I'm not that fickle, and I do look at what they're offering in terms of a manifesto, and don't base my vote purely on the colour of their eyes!
So, with my mind already made up, I will enter the polling booth on May 6th to place an 'X' on the ballot paper, and exercise my democratic right to vote.

I don't understand why people don't vote. Indeed, it's the ones who don't that tend to complain about 'things'.
If you don't vote, because "what's the point?" then how can you moan when it all goes wrong?
It's important everyone votes - as strange as it seems, unlike cheap television programmes, your vote really could make a difference.

When it comes to elections, Britain really does need the "X" Factor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails