My Blog and Shop

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hey Fever!!

Or should that be hayfever?

Are you a sufferer of the dreaded hayfever?

Each year, at around this time, I start to get a little tickle in my throat, itchy eyes, and constant sneezing that signifies the start of summer - or, in the case of many, misery in the form of hayfever.

I was a late starter. As a child, I never suffered; it was only in the last 5-6 years that it has been affecting me.

Each year, I visit the doctor, and he prescribes medication that keeps the pollen at bay.  One side-effect of the tablets is the drowsiness, and it's a 'build up' too, which means I need to start taking before the hayfever season starts in earnest.  Then I'll be ready.

Hayfever affects almost 4m people each year; and this year, in particular, we can be thankful that the late spring means there is less pollen in the air.  This, in turn, will lead to a short season; which is great news, and hopefully means we can enjoy the summer ahead.

Fingers crossed we have less pollen and lots of sun....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails