My Blog and Shop

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Can See Clearly Now

On Saturday I had my contact lenses fitted. It was a weird experience, followed by a short lesson on how to remove and refit them. It's quite unnatural to play with your eyes. There is such a strong reflex to protect them, through blinking. Over time I will get used to this, a countless others have before me. At the moment, I just need to persevere until I get used to it. Once they are in, it's amazing. There are no more 'edges' where the frames of the glasses were. Just plain vision.

I've been given one pair of lenses for the week, and 2 different types. Apparently, one is more comfortable (read 'expensive') than the other, but I wasn't told which. That way, I can make a more informed decision. I'll be going back at the end of the week for a check-up and to get the first lot of lenses.

It's been an interesting few days, and I'm slowly getting the hang of putting them in and taking them out; although first thing in the morning is not easy.
------
Facebook is taking off. I mean, it's already popular with millions, but a certain inertia seems to have taken hold, and 'friends' are popping out of the woodwork (so to speak). It's great to hear from them. My friend base has almost doubled overnight!
------
I went to the gym last night, and starting to feel it now. The pecs are tightening up. You know what that means, don't you. Yep - I'll have to go again.
------
Tesco are coming tonight. I love this delivery to your door thing. It's lazy, but after a hard days work, who wants to schlepp around a supermarket?
------
Right - that's enough chitter chatter. Back to work. More soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails