My Blog and Shop

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Unfair Road Charging Policy

Thought I'd post an email I sent today.

As most of you know, I'm not the most political person in the world, and with my laid back view of life, it takes a lot to rile me. However, I feel very strongly about the government plans to add another tax burden.
So strongly, in fact, that I had to write.

The Petition states:
The idea of tracking every vehicle at all times is sinister and wrong. Road pricing is already here with the high level of taxation on fuel. The more you travel - the more tax you pay.

It will be an unfair tax on those who live apart from families and poorer people who will not be able to afford the high monthly costs.

Not to mention the potential big brother issue of the government knowing where you are at any time.

The current, suggested, charge is £1.38 per mile (and since I drive over 100 miles each day, then you can take my point...)

The link below will take you directly to the on-line petition, where you can add your name to the 600,000+ that have already signed. The deadline to sign is 20th February.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Please feel free to pass this on to other friends and family who might be affected by this planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if this has offended any of you, then I apologise.

Right. Rant over. Now back to work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails