My Blog and Shop

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

TomTom

It arrived. Actually, it arrived on Monday, but there was no-one in to receive it, so the postman took it back to the sorting office.
My wife managed to pick it up today.

What am I talking about? The TomTom of course.

I bought it on Friday (on eBay) and it was sent Special Delivery - thanks to the seller for that.

So - I plugged it in, and off it went. It started up amazingly fast, it located itself quickly, and since I actually needed to go out, I followed the very intuitive menu to enter the destination. Then I set off, and checked to see if it would take me on the normal route.

Absolutely fantastic. It even predicted my arrival time.

I have just signed up for the free trial of the traffic service (where it tells you about jams), since I spend everyday on the M6 - so we'll see how that goes. I'm just not too sure about the GPRS costs involved, but we'll give it a try.

Right now, it's sat next to me, on the desk, plugged into the PC being charged up. I'll leave it overnight, and see how long the battery lasts tomorrow.

Chuffed - you could say that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails