My Blog and Shop

Sunday, March 21, 2010

61 Hours - Jack's Back

Back in September, I wrote a post about my favourite books - you can read it here.

However, yesterday the latest in one of my favourite series arrived.  I love the "Jack Reacher" novels, by the author Lee Child.

Lee is was born in Coventry, but after being made redundant, he moved, with his family from Cumbria to New York.  All of his novels feature the maverick Jack Reacher, and he regularly tops the bestseller lists both in the UK and the US.

I've read all of the previous novels, and as soon as a new one is announced, I pre-order it.

Jack Reacher is an ex-Military policeman, having served 13 years.  He is 6' 5", weighing between 220 -250lbs.  He travels light.  Very light. No bag, no coat.  Just the clothes he's in, his cashpoint card and a toothbrush.

The great thing about the stories is, whilst they won't win Booker prizes, they are extremely good fun.  Good, entertaining reads, that really do the term 'escapism' justice.

Here,  Lee Child explains where he came up with his characters name.


When the parcel arrived (OK - I had to go to the local depot to collect it!) it was with great anticipation that I tore it open.  If you've read previous posts, you'll know that I love the smell of a new book.  The fresh print, the clean pages.  Does that make me a little weird?  Who cares.

I'm going to start reading it now.

Five minutes to three in the afternoon.  Exactly sixty-one hours before it happened.  The lawyer drove in and parked in an empty lot.  There was an inch of new snow on the ground, so he spent a minute fumbling in the foot well until his overshoes were secure...

If you want to know where this takes us, you'll have to read it yourself.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails