My Blog and Shop

Monday, March 22, 2010

Alicia Keys - The Element Of Freedom

Those who have stayed with this blog, and followed my musings and ramblings, will know that whilst music is important to me, I don't write about it much.  Normally, I just post a video here and there, of something that takes my fancy.

This time, I've broken with the norm, and am writing about the latest album from Alicia Keys.

OK - So I admit, I might be a little late to the party, (it was released at the end of last year) but last weekend I downloaded (completely legally, I hasten to add) the album "The Element Of Freedom".

Since I've never written a music review before, this must be something special. And it really is.

It's beautifully produced, each track slightly different; which is removed from some artists whose albums all seem the same track after track (one reason why I don't buy many albums).  For obvious reasons, it's commercial; rather than for the pure love of it; but you can't blame her for that - ultimately, it's a business, but if you can produce music like this, and you have an army of fans who will buy it, then who cares.

It's a great album to chill to.

Do I have a favourite track?  The simple answer is 'No'!
If I had to, then "Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart", "Distance and Time" and the (now) time-honoured "Empire State of Mind" (although this is slower than the version with Jay-Z).

Her newest single (apparently) is "Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)", which is also great.

Have you heard the album?
What do you think?
Am I right?

Since I have quite an eclectic taste in music, I'm considering who to review next!

What do you think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails