My Blog and Shop

Monday, March 29, 2010

How To Train Your Dragon

The latest outing from Dreamworks (who brought us Shrek, Madagascar and Kung Fu Panda) is "How To Train Your Dragon".  It's a strange title, and until I went to see it, I hadn't heard anything about it.

Also released in 3D, we saw the 2D version.

It's a strange, but lovely tale.  The graphics are stunning, raising Dreamworks towards the standard set by rival studio, Pixar.

Following the apparent panning I gave "The Spy Next Door", for which my very own father thought I was a little harsh; mainly because I failed to mention any positives about the film; I have decided to take a lighter approach with this cinematic feast.

The story of the Vikings, hunting a dragon nest, centres on a young boy, curiously called Hiccup.  He's not the beefiest of kids, given his father, who is built somewhat tougher! I'm not going to tell you the whole story, but suffice it to say, Hiccup makes good in the end.

What makes this film special is the graphics; you forget this is, essentially, a cartoon; much as you do when watching a Pixar film.  The attention to detail, the sound, the lighting, makes this film so realistic.

So, Dad, I hope this makes up for my previous review!  As always, I welcome the criticism, I just hope that Jackie Chan can accept mine!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails