My Blog and Shop

Thursday, March 04, 2010

"To Blog or Not To Blog..

.... that is the question?"

I should start by saying this is a re-post; this article (well most of it) was published back in October, but since my following has increased, I thought I'd pull some out and re-publish them.  Cheating? A little....

What is the point of blogging?  I've been writing this constantly for a while now, and when I've told people about it, all they've said is
"Why?"
"Who's going to read it?"
"Don't you have anything better to do?"
"Why do people want to read about you?" (I thought that was a bit harsh!!)

Ultimately, the internet is a communication tool.  Millions of computers linked around the world; information being dispersed, scanned, trawled, read, disseminated.

Hords of people wading through the countless search engines for information that will help understanding and educate.

Or the endless websites created for commercial use; the shoppers who can now buy anything they like from the comfort of their home or office.
I know; I'm an avid fan of internet shopping.  It's not always the cheapest way (although invariably there are bargains to be had), but the convenience of shopping online is a primary benefit.

So, what is the point of My Blog and I?  Unlike other blogs, I don't focus on a specific subject.  I have a number of areas of interest, and I like to cover those.

One of the beauties is that it is a two-way 'thing'.  So whilst I sit here and pound out endless articles on whatever takes my mood, you can respond and tell me what you think.

Please tell me what you like, don't like and suggest anything you'd like me to write about...

Whether for the masses (and it would be nice to think that lots of people read and contribute to it) or just as a means for me to 'jot' down my thoughts, it really is just a way to communicate.

A method to embrace the whole ethos of the internet.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

First thing - please carry on with your blog! When I started mine I wondered who would read it etc and now I've noticed that sometimes it's my older posts that get more interest as I have just posted a new one!

I used to take this as being that my new one must be crap! But I realised it depends on how you've come across something on the internet; sometimes I put a search in on google and end up on someone's blog page. I like it, it's a way of getting a real answer.

I love online shopping and do find it much cheaper. I don't really have any security issues when buying online, but then I tend to buy from the big companies.

Amazon is probably my favourite store but then I do love ebay too! There is something about winning a bid on the final seconds...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails