My Blog and Shop

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Getting Fit for Summer

The time has come to get back in shape.  Ha ha!! That's a laugh, because I was never really in shape before!

However, whilst I've been losing weight (and to everyone who noticed - thank you), I haven't really been trying. Now, before you all say that's a bad thing, that we shouldn't lose weight for no reason, etc etc; I'm absolutely fine.  I haven't been following any plan, and I haven't been to the gym(!!); I've just been watching what I eat.

So, now is the time to consolidate the weight loss, and do some exercise too.

I like to walk; and will do where possible.  I'm not a great fan of running.  I think my gym teacher at school put paid to that, 'forcing' me to do a cross country run, in the rain, over hill and down dale (in Christchurch!)

Having been a member of a local gym for a while; and like many people, letting the membership roll on without using it; I've decided to get back into the rhythm.

My sport of choice is swimming, so from now on (and starting today), it's at least 3 sessions in the pool, each week.  Usually after work, which will mean I'll have to push myself after a hard days work.


I'll also be carrying a pedometer, to monitor how far I walk each day.  Since most of my work is in front of a computer, I'll have to make an extra effort to get up and walk - up and down the office, around the block (which I do sometimes anyway; but now I can measure it).


Wow! I really know how to live, and now I can bore you with my progress!!

To be honest, I'm hoping that through publicising my regime, this will 'force' me to continue.

I just hope I have the strength to continue writing this after a few lengths...

Finally, I know I said that running isn't my thing, but you can't deny this is one of the most inspiring training videos (well, soundtrack any way!!).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails