My Blog and Shop

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Getting Fit - Update

It's been over a week since I started the regime to "get fit for summer".

I've been swimming, and walking.  In fact, that's it.  No fancy diet, where you have to pay subs to have someone tell you that "you're on course to reach your goal"!!

I don't need that.  I know what I want to achieve, and by taking the steps I am, then I'll be well-placed to feel the benefit and enjoy the best the British summer can throw at us!

You may, or may not, have noticed, that on the right-hand side of this page, I have introduced a feature called "My Pedometer".
The idea being, that I publish how many steps I take each day, which in turn equates to kilometres.  Some days are better than others.  The two big ones are on the 18th (which is a Cub night, so lots of walking around) and on 20th (which was around the Trafford Centre).

The swimming hasn't been as successful as I'd like, but anything is better than nothing.  I just need to build up to a greater distance.  Currently, I swim between 10 and 15 lengths each time - which is up to 375 metres.  The last time I was doing this, I was up at the kilometre mark.  That's the aim again - 40 lengths in one session.

Over the last week, I walked approx 28,420 steps.  This equates to approximately 20Km.  An average of 3Km per day.  Not bad for someone who spends most of the day sitting at a desk.  Add in another kilometre for swimming and it starts to add up.  I just need to maintain the pace.

And telling you about it, is all part of the plan to help me.  So, thanks for reading.  If you fancy giving me some encouragement then feel free.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Keep it going! :-))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails